On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 07:33 PM, Andrew Hartung wrote:

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 09:26  PM, Kow K wrote:

Well, that's quite unlikely, AFAIK. Besides, is it desirable? -- Kow

Sure it is, If I no longer want a package, why would I want its config file?
Well, it kind of depends on your situation. Sure, it makes sense if it's an option you can choose, but if no, it'll be more annoying that useful. Many .xxx directories contain configuration files and it would be pretty annoying if removal of a package always deleted it.

Anyway, if you don't have the package XXX running on your system, you can safely delete .XXX directory with "rm -rf XXX".

Kow