Did you install both Users and SDK packages of X11?

Kow

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 07:07 AM, Ian L. wrote:

I deleted my existing xfree86 installation and installed Apple's X11. I
ran "fink install system-xfree86" but received this error:

--------------------------- BEGIN FINK ERROR ---------------------------
dpkg -i
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system- xfree86_4.2-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 20565 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking system-xfree86 (from
.../system-xfree86_4.2-2_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...

dpkg: error processing
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system- xfree86_4.2-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
(--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system- xfree86_4.2-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1

Following suggestions of past emails I ran "fink cleanup," "fink
selfupdate-cvs" and "fink update-all," however, I still experience the
error above.

Any ideas?

--
Ian L.