Apple's X11:

Advantage: released by Apple
Disadvantage: released by Apple

Joking aside, Apple's X11 is a beta release, and hosts a lot of bugs and problems, in particular those related to international key layout, though it is claimed to run faster than XDarwin (due to QuartzExtreme and OpenGL support?, but in my place, the effect is hardly noticeable, partly because my machine, PowerBook G3 256MHz is pretty old and slow, perhaps.)

XDarwin is way stable and reliable and free from most bugs and problems that daunts X11 now, though it can be slower than Apple's X11.

My suggestion: X11 is hardly recommended unless if you, as an open source developer, prefer fun of experimentation with it to stability and reliability.

Cheers,
Kow

This SF.NET email is sponsored by: A Thawte Code Signing Certificate is essential in establishing user confidence by providing assurance of authenticity and code integrity. Download our Free Code Signing guide: