In my case, it worked out when I updated autoconf2.5 after updating automake, without using "fink update-all".

Kow

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 11:55 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

There are problems with the new autoconf2.5:

- automatic updating doesn't work, autoconf25 has to be force-removed first.

- Provides: autoconf25-2.54 doesn't look right. Shouldn't this be just autoconf25. Or is there now a versioning mechanism for virtual packages? In any case, I am unable to remove the dummy autoconf25-2.54-2, because then nothing would Provide autoconf25.

%fink list autoconf2
i autoconf2.5 2.54-1 System for generating configure scripts
i autoconf25 2.54-2 Upgrade package -> autoconf2.5
autoconf25-2.54 [virtual package]

--
Martin