At 9:07 AM -0400 9/8/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 07:57:22 -0400,
Kevin Horton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Note, applesystemfonts isn't doing its thing either (i.e. the apple
 fonts aren't showing up in abiword on the main Mac), if that is any
 clue.

Do you execute "xfontpath enable" anywhere? I ended up putting that command into my .xinit file. See also my previous post and followups questioning this.

HTH,
Dan

No, I didn't execute "xfontpath enable" anywhere, as I didn't know I needed to. I had tried to get info about xfontpath with "man xfontpath" and "fink info xfontpath" and they didn't produce anything, so I assumed it was enough to just install the package.

I tried adding "xfontpath enable" to .xinitrc on the iBook and the main Mac, but that did nothing.

Now that I look in /sw/share/docs/xfontpath, I see the README file. But I'm not sure which font paths I need to add to get applesystemfonts working. Can anyone provide a clue?

And I still need to get AbiWord working when I ssh in from my iBook. Will xfontpaths help here, or do I have another problem I need to solve?

Thanks,

Kevin Horton