Christoph Ewering wrote:
Hello!

I have the same problem with X11 -- I do not know how to tell fink that I installed Apples X11 Version 1.0.

I searched the list and found a tip to force-remove "system-xfree86" and than do a "fink update-all" but all it asks for is which xfree-package I want to install and it does not install any "system-xfree86*".

Could someone on this list give a detailed description how to update fink from 10.2 to 10.3 and from XDarwin to Apple X11 1.0?

Some guys speak about packages that are not in my tree like "system-xfree86-4[23]". I have "system-xfree86-upgrade" only and at this moment fink wants to compile and install Xfree86 but I have Apples X11 installed (with the SDK, of course).

Now everything is broken -- XDarwin and X11 (Apple) crash when I want to start one of them.

Fink will auto-detect your xfree86 and make a virtual system-xfree86 package as long as you have no existing xfree86 packages installed.

Out of curiosity, is the thing asking for you to install xfree86 or xfree86*-threaded ?

If so, it's probably something that explicitly requires threaded X, but hasn't been upgraded for the panther tree yet.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE