Martin Costabel wrote:
After many unsuccessful attempts taking *many* hours, I finally managed to compile qt3 on Panther (upgrade without erasing previous installation). The trick was to remove the existing qt3 package first.

Without doing this, building qt3 would always stop with an error message in the linking of libdesignercore.1.0.0.dylib

ld: Undefined symbols:
qInitImages_designercore()

The real reason was that the newly built uic would not work correctly, because it is linked to libqt-mt with an install-name /sw/lib/libqt-mt.3.dylib, but a compatibility version higher than the actually existing /sw/lib/libqt-mt.3.dylib. Therefore the file containing the definition of the above symbol was not created correctly by uic.

Do you mean the *old* uic does not make that symbol? or the new? If the former, you're right, it's an upgrade bug and should have an easy fix, if the latter, then it's a packaging bug, because that symbol *should* be there.

I'll look into it, thanks for catching this...

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE