Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your recipe. I wanted to do it since quite some time, but never took the effort. I just done it now and I have two additions/corrections:

On Saturday, November 15, 2003, at 04:21 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

Sure: I do this myself, using a webserver (Fink apache2, but the same method should work with the builtin server)

On the desktop, I added the following lines to my httpd.conf (in the aliases section):
#set up apt server

Alias /dists "/sw/fink/dists"
<Directory "/sw/fink/dists">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNoExec
    AddOutputFilter Includes html

If I include the AddOutputFilter, the Apple Web Server does not start up (both for Panther and Jaguar). I removed it, and apt-get seems to be happy nevertheless.

    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
(I just copied from another entry in that file)

On the laptop, I added this:

You'll have to add this to /sw/etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://desktop.address.here unstable main crypto

Then when you "apt-get update", you'll read from the Fink official binaries as well as your own.

Cheers, Remi