Viv Kendon wrote:
I am almost done with my epic recompile of everything under
10.3.5, the latest Dev Tools and latest fink (see earlier
thread).  I have been reinstalling things a few at a time to
avoid dependency problems, but one night I must have tried
an incompatible set, because it failed during the unison
link with:

+ gcc   -o 'unison' -I'/sw/lib/ocaml' -L/sw/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib '/tmp/camlstart
[long compiler command line]
'/sw/lib/ocaml/libasmrun.a'
ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
/sw/lib/libgtk-1.2.0.
dylib is not prebound
ld: Undefined symbols:
_format_float
_format_int
Error during linking
make: *** [unison] Error 2

This looks like unison was not updated to work with the latest version 3.08 of ocaml, maintainer CCed. These symbols apparently now have a prefix caml_: caml_format_float and caml_format_int instead of format_float and format_int. The file ubase/uprintf.ml will have to be patched so that the declarations at the beginning match those in /sw/lib/ocaml/printf.ml.


Anyone have any idea what I need to rebuild/remove to get
this to work?  The unison deb I saved from my old fink
installed fine and works fine, so I'm not as desperate as I
would otherwise be, but it would be good to figure it out.
The only earlier errors/warnings I can see in the log (I
have it all if needed) were about illegal backslash escapes

These look like syntax errors, but they seem to lead to harmless warnings only, so maybe they don't need to be fixed.
in various files, and this:

make: Circular uicommon.cmx <- uicommon.cmx dependency dropped.

-- Martin



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by Shop4tech.com-Lowest price on Blank Media
100pk Sonic DVD-R 4x for only $29 -100pk Sonic DVD+R for only $33
Save 50% off Retail on Ink & Toner - Free Shipping and Free Gift.
http://www.shop4tech.com/z/Inkjet_Cartridges/9_108_r285
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to