<x-tad-bigger>Alexander,

I just checked and DevSDK.pkg is in the /Library/Receipts/
directory. Should I try to re-install the dev tools anyway?
</x-tad-bigger>

config.log (libjpeg) :

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:538: checking for gcc
configure:615: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -L/sw/lib) works
configure:629: gcc -o conftest -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib conftest.c 1>&5
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o
configure: failed program was:
#line 625 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
main(){return(0);}

Does it appear that the installer dropped the file lcrt1.o ?

regards,

Charles




You can look for a file called config.log in the libjpeg build
directory. However, before you do that, try installing the DevSDK
package from XCode. If you already have installed this, it's probable
that Installer.app dropped a file.


All,

I attempted to install emacs21 (w/ X11 support) on OS X v10.3.5
It appears there is a problem w/ gcc :

$ sudo fink install emacs21
Information about 1740 packages read in 2 seconds.
The following package will be installed or updated:
emacs21
The following 8 additional packages will be installed:
libjpeg libjpeg-bin libjpeg-shlibs libpng3 libpng3-shlibs libtiff
libtiff-bin libtiff-shlibs
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
gzip -dc /sw/src/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz | /sw/bin/tar -xf -
--no-same-owner --no-same-permissions
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/config.guess .
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/config.sub .
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/ltconfig .
cp -f /sw/lib/fink/update/ltmain.sh .
patch -p1 </sw/fink/dists/stable/main/finkinfo/graphics/libjpeg.patch
patching file jpeglib.h
./configure --prefix=/sw --enable-shared --enable-static
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -L/sw/lib) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.
### execution of ./configure failed, exit code 1
Failed: compiling libjpeg-6b-16 failed


How can I check if gcc is installed properly?
Any suggestions?

regards,

Charles




Reply via email to