On May 11, 2005, at 11:30 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Bryan Hundven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: May 11, 2005 7:19:47 AM GMT+02:00

To: [email protected]

Subject: [Fink-users] gettext/emacs + fink-0.23.9 + darwin-8.0.1



Hello,


I installed darwin-8.0.1 without a hitch.

Downloaded 0.23.9 and followed the directions.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

./bootstrap.sh

...

blah blah blah

...

/bin/mkdir -p /sw/bootstrap

/usr/bin/install -d -m 755 /sw/bootstrap/bin

/bin/mv /sw/bootstrap/bin/gettext /sw/bootstrap/bin/

/usr/bin/install -d -m 755 /sw/bootstrap/bin

/bin/mv /sw/bootstrap/bin/ngettext /sw/bootstrap/bin/

/usr/bin/install -d -m 755 /sw/bootstrap/share

/bin/mv /sw/bootstrap/share/aclocal /sw/bootstrap/share/

/usr/bin/install -d -m 755 /sw/bootstrap/share/doc/gettext

/bin/mv /sw/bootstrap/share/doc/gettext/*.html /sw/bootstrap/share/doc/gettext/

/usr/bin/install -d -m 755 /sw/bootstrap/share

/bin/mv /sw/bootstrap/share/emacs /sw/bootstrap/share/

mv: rename /sw/bootstrap/share/emacs to /sw/bootstrap/share/emacs: No such file

or directory

### execution of /bin/mv failed, exit code 1

installing gettext-bin-0.10.40-19 failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------


I typed this in by hand, so if there are 'spalllig' errors, I appologize.


I'm a noob to fink/darwin, but I've been a console drone for years.

Any help would be most appriciated!



Been there... gettext gives for granted you have emacs. The only workaround I found for this was to install emacs from fink, do the update, remove emacs from fink.

If you search in the archives for last month you'll read about the same problem and the various trials I did till the above.

Cheers�


Reply via email to