On 9/19/05, David Froseth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >
> >Yeah--don't use unofficial packages.  We have no idea how the package
> >is put together, if it follows Fink policies, if it causes system
> >breakage, ...
> >
> >In addition, it's usually good to post your OS and XCode versions, at
> >minimum--for X11-based packages, it's also nice to post what flavor of
> >X11 you're using.
> >
> >We can _try_ to help--post from the last line that the compiler tried
> >to run (e.g. "cc <bunch of flags and files>", whatever it is) so that
> >we can see if any dependencies are missing, or you're linking from
> >outside the Fink tree, or...
> >
> >Your best bet may be to contact the individual who is listed as maintainer.
> >
> >
> >
> Alexander,
>     Thanks for the response.  I have a PowerBook G4, and I am running OS
> X Tiger, XCode Tools 2.1, Apple's X11 that came with Tiger, Fink
> 0.8.0.cvs.  Here is a little more of the failed compile:
> 
> rm -f .libs/gui_profile.lo
> g++-3.3 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/sw/include/glib-2.0
> -I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/sw/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/sw/include/gtk-2.0
> -I/sw/include/atk-1.0 -I/sw/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/sw/include/glib-2.0
> -I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/sw/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/sw/include/gtk-2.0
> -I/sw/include/atk-1.0 -I/sw/lib/gtk-2.0/include
> -I/sw/include/gtkextra-2.0 -D "DATADIR=\"~/.gpsim/\"" -I/sw/include -D
> "DATADIR=\"~/.gpsim/\"" -g -O2 -c gui_profile.cc -MT gui_profile.lo -MD
> -MP -MF .deps/gui_profile.TPlo  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/gui_profile.lo
> gui_profile.cc: In function `int plot_profile(Profile_Window*, char**,
>    guint64*, int)':
> gui_profile.cc:806: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_show_labels(GtkPlotAxis*, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:807: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_show_labels(GtkPlotAxis*, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:808: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_show_labels(GtkPlotAxis*, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:809: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_visible(GtkPlotAxis*, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:811: error: `gtk_plot_canvas_add_plot' undeclared (first use
>    this function)
> gui_profile.cc:811: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
>    for each function it appears in.)
> gui_profile.cc:812: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_hide_title(GtkPlotAxis*)'
> gui_profile.cc:813: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_hide_title(GtkPlotAxis*)'
> gui_profile.cc:814: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_hide_title(GtkPlotAxis*)'
> gui_profile.cc:815: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_hide_title(GtkPlotAxis*)'
> gui_profile.cc:826: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_ticks(GtkPlotAxis*, double, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:831: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_labels_style(GtkPlotAxis*,
>    GtkPlotLabelStyle, int)'
> gui_profile.cc: In function `int plot_routine_histogram(Profile_Window*)':
> gui_profile.cc:1099: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_show_labels(GtkPlotAxis*, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:1100: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_show_labels(GtkPlotAxis*, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:1101: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_visible(GtkPlotAxis*, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:1104: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_hide_title(GtkPlotAxis*)'
> gui_profile.cc:1105: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_hide_title(GtkPlotAxis*)'
> gui_profile.cc:1116: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_ticks(GtkPlotAxis*, double, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:1117: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_title(GtkPlotAxis*, const
> gchar*)'
> gui_profile.cc:1121: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_labels_style(GtkPlotAxis*,
>    GtkPlotLabelStyle, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:1123: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_ticks(GtkPlotAxis*, double, int)'
> gui_profile.cc:1124: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_title(GtkPlotAxis*, const
> gchar*)'
> gui_profile.cc:1128: error: cannot convert `GtkPlot*' to `GtkPlotAxis*' for
>    argument `1' to `void gtk_plot_axis_set_labels_style(GtkPlotAxis*,
>    GtkPlotLabelStyle, int)'
> make[2]: *** [gui_profile.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> ### execution of make failed, exit code 2
> Removing build lock...
> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-gpsim-0.21.4-1
> (Reading database ... 41756 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing fink-buildlock-gpsim-0.21.4-1 ...
> Failed: phase compiling: gpsim-0.21.4-1 failed
> 
> Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and
> try again.  If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the
> FAQ on fink's website solves the problem.  If not, ask on the fink-users
> or fink-beginners mailing lists.  As a last resort, you can try e-mailing
> the maintainer directly:
> 
>         Mikey Sklar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks for any advice.
> 
> dfro
> 

There have been some threads on the mailing lists recently about
packages that require a newer gtk2+ to build.  I'm not sure if that's
it, but check that out

-- 
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter
[Day Job] Levitated Dipole Experiment
http://psfcwww2.psfc.mit.edu/ldx/


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
Download it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very
own Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to