On 7/4/06, Gary K Olson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I successfully installed 10.4 from scratch on my ibook G4.  I had KDE
> up and running well.  But I then complied some other software, and I
> now have a conflict I believe with KDE!  I get into the loading of
> the desktop, and everything on the desktop has been loaded including
> the composite manager missing messages but before the panel shows up
> on the desktop.  At this point KDE crashes taking XDarwin with it.  I
> can get window managers windowmaker and icewm running with no
> problems, and the X11 apps I have opened with these wm all seem to
> work properly.  Has anyone got any idea what could be conflicting
> with KDE?  Could I have some corrupted config file that is causing
> the problem?  Any ideas would sure be helpful.  Thank you.
>
> Gary K Olson
>
> I am running
> Package manager version: 0.24.23
> Distribution version: 0.8.1.rsync powerpc
> 10.4.7
> XTools 2.3
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
> build 5341)

Someone reported similar behavior on the IRC channel.  It wasn't 100%
clear what the cause was, but seemed to be due to mixing debs from the
unofficial unstable Todai bindist with packages built on the local
machine.  By any chance are you using this bindist?

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)