On 8/22/06, nsxstorm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did have the exact same behavior when I used xorg (aka xdarwin).  In case
> it matters I previously had X11 installed.  I ended up switching back to
> X11.app b/c X11 just plain worked and it seemed to be faster.
>
> Not much help, sorry!

Xorg is -not- technically AKA XDarwin, by the way.  XDarwin.app is
just the OS X display server that gets built with Xorg or XFree86.
One has the option to use X11.app (Apple's display server) with Xorg
or XFree86 4.5.  The cleanest way to do this in Fink is to install the
"applex11tools" package.

There have been a number of different reports about various non-US
keyboard layout problems in XDarwin.app on the Fink lists, so check
the archives.

> > From: Markus Kamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:48:58 +0200
> > To: <fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> > Subject: [Fink-users] X.org keyboard issue
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using X.org and KDE and experience a strange problem with my
> > keyboard at the moment: The "0"-Key doesn't work while shift-0
> > (equals "=") on a german keyboard does work.
> >
> > This only appears in X11, so it's not a hardware-problem.
> > I've tried xedit, Scribus, kword and GIMP so I don't think it's an
> > issue with a special application or group of applications.
> >
> > I've opened XDarwin preferences and changed the keymapping-entry from
> > "Deutsch.keymapping" to nothing, no difference
> >
> > Didn't kill any related preferences-files yet, that would probably be
> > my next step..
> >
> > Any hints, or is there even someone who is able to reproduce this odd
> > behaviour?
> >

> > System used: ibook G4
> >
> > Package manager version: 0.24.26
> > Distribution version: 0.8.1.rsync powerpc
> >
> > localhost:~ mkamp$ fink list xorg
> > Information about 6059 packages read in 10 seconds.
> > i   xorg             6.8.2-1040   Free X11 implementation for Darwin
> > and Ma...
> > i   xorg-shlibs      6.8.2-1040   Free X11 implementation for Darwin
> > and Ma...
> >

> > greetings, Markus

Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)