On 9/19/06, Dave Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I'm trying to configure php 5.0.4 with freetype2 on Mac OSX 10.3.9.
> I'm interested in what you say:
> You have to point at them specifically if you want to use them.
> Can you please advise me how to
> point to them , e.g --with-freetype-dir=/sw/lib/freetype?
>
> Also can I ask how you know about this.
> It's just I've been searching for an answer for days now, and
> can't find any useful info.
> Is there a place I should be looking (I found the FINK site unhelpful on this)
>
> many thanks, dave
>
>

How to point to the lib depends on what the individual configure flag
requires.  I assume that --with-freetype-dir wants a common tree with
lib and include subdirectories.

The best thing to do is to go with whatever freetype2 you're going to
work with:  that installed as part of your X11 distro, freetype2,
freetype219.  For example, I have on my system:

$ dpkg -S libfreetype.dylib
freetype2-hinting-dev: /sw/lib/freetype2/lib/libfreetype.dylib
freetype219: /sw/lib/freetype219/lib/libfreetype.dylib
xorg: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.dylib

so to build against freetype2-hinting, I'd use
--with-freetype-dir=/sw/lib/freetype2, to build against freetype219,
--with-freetype-dir=/sw/lib/freetype219, and to build against the
freetype stuff that comes with xorg, --with-freetype-dir=/usr/X11R6

This kind of stuff is common to all Unix variants, so there's nothing
Fink-specific really to document.
-- 
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to