I noticed the problem mentioned on the beginners list, and I seem to
have hit the same
one trying to download tarballs via fink curl. The always time out
given the 30 second
limit. If I manually issue the same command but increase it to 70
seconds, they can
be downloaded. Is there anyway to change the script for curl to
increase the timeout
limit to 70 seconds? Otherwise, I am having to download them all
individually.
- Mike Dyall-Smith

example:

curl --connect-timeout 30 -f -L -A 'fink/0.27.9' -O
http://distfiles.master.finkmirrors.net/glew-1.3.5-src.zip

curl: (6) name lookup timed out
### execution of curl failed, exit code 6
Downloading the file "glew-1.3.5-src.zip" failed.