Hi Carl!

On 9 Feb 2008, at 14:53, Carl Denzen Van wrote:

> Hi Evan,
>
> Thank you for this hint, but I do not think this is the problem. The
> server runs as user www. User www is member of group svn. All my
> files under /Users/svn/repositories have group id svn and are
> readable and writable for this group (except for .dav_svn_passwd
> which is only readable by group svn).

Are you sure that the apache process actually runs with the group IDs
you think you have given it? I wrote a program once which used
setuid() and was quite surprised to learn how much work it is to also
set the group IDs... So, I'd either make www owner of the svn files or
use the ACL approach suggested by Evan.

[this might be bullshit since I didn't check the apache docs
concerning groups, so take it with a grain of salt]

Ciao,
                     Roland

--
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin