Hello,

the package firefox2 is inside the unstable cryptographic tree and
there are no packages inside the stable tree [1].

You could check how you set up the Fink Commander inside the
preferences panel, if it is using packages from the unstable and also
from the unstable cryptographic tree. Also check how the setting for
the trees of fink is set up inside its configuration file fink.conf
on default installations in /sw/etc/.

IMHO usually these setting should be the same, because Fink Commander
reads the configuration file fink.conf like fink itself is reading it.

Are your running two fink installations side by side?

Links:
[1]: Firefox 2.0.0.12-1005, http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/
package.php/firefox2