On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 02:50:49PM -0400, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting errors compiling mplayer on 10.4.11/core2duo.  gcc version
> 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367).  I saw a bug about disabling
> automatic CPU detection  that went into version 1008 (current) on the
> bugtracker, but I'd be surprised if the default config would fail on
> intel.  I installed mplayer on a G4/10.5.5 machine the other day
> successfully.
>
> Anyway, if anybody has workarounds or could use additional information or
> a test guinea pig, please let me know.
<snip>

Hi,

It looks like this is indeed due to the CPU autodetection :(

I don't have an Intel 10.4 machine to test on unfortunately. Could you
try the following for me?

Copy mplayer.info & mplayer.patch to /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo
Edit mplayer.patch and remove the last two chunks (aclib_template.c and
osd_template.c). The file should now have an md5sum of
ad009d39a4c5a58300060abfe0f69d8f, so update mplayer.info with that.
Then try rebuilding it and let me know how you go.

Thanks.

---

James