Martin Costabel wrote:
> Sabine Reffert wrote:
>>
>> (Did you mean libtool2?) Anyway, I still get the same error message as
>> before. I have attached the complete compilation output.
>
> I compared this with mine, and there is absolutely no difference before
> the missing linker line for libXm.3.0.0.dylib. Afterwards, the same
> thing happens for libMrm.3.0.0.dylib. These are the only two dylib link
> commands. There are several "libtool --mode=link gcc" lines earlier that
> concern executables, and these are linked correctly.
>
> This is really a mystery of libtool psychology. How can it decide not to
> run the link command and then nevertheless create the corresponding
> symlinks and go on as if nothing happened?

It is interesting, could you (Sabine), please cd into the build
directory (the one that has a file named 'Mrmwread.lo', do:
$ sudo -s
# /bin/sh ../../libtool --debug --mode=link gcc  -DXNO_MTSAFE_STRINGAPI
-DXNO_MTSAFE_PWDAPI -DXNO_MTSAFE_TIMEAPI -Wall -g -Wno-unused
-Wno-comment  -version-info 3:0:0 -o libMrm.la -rpath /sw/lib
MrmIbuffer.lo MrmIentry.lo MrmIfile.lo MrmIheader.lo MrmIindex.lo
MrmIindexw.lo MrmIrid.lo MrmIswap.lo MrmItop.lo MrmItopw.lo Mrmappl.lo
Mrmcontext.lo Mrmerror.lo Mrmhier.lo Mrmicon.lo Mrminit.lo Mrmlread.lo
Mrmlwrite.lo Mrmmodule.lo Mrmos.lo Mrmptrlist.lo Mrmtable.lo Mrmtime.lo
Mrmvm.lo Mrmwci.lo Mrmwcrw.lo Mrmwcrwr.lo Mrmwread.lo Mrmwrefs.lo
Mrmwvalues.lo Mrmwwrite.lo MrmMessages.lo ../Xm/libXm.la
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt -lSM -lICE -lX11  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt 2>&1 > lt.log

and send me the gzipped lt.log (you can cc Martin too, but probably best
not to bother the list with a large attachment).

You need to sudo because fink did, so all the files and directories are
root owned. The second line (yes, despite mail wrapping, that should all
be one line), is just the same command that make runs with a --debug
flag added, and saving the output to a log file.

Thanks,
Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman