Hi!
Some time ago I posted some questions concerning kbib. Some days ago I tried again and succeeded. This is a small report about what I did to succeed.

I got kbib 0.6.5 from the developer page. After installing yaz and yazpp via fink configure found yaz-config, but not yazpp-config (although it was present). So I downloaded yazpp from the developer and compiled it again and voilá configure worked (don't know why now). After this make exited with an error. A mail to the developer brought me a new version of kbib. Trying this one was successful.

I'll report to the developer of kbib. Maybe he will provide his modified version to fink. With kbib there is a KDE native Bibtex- Editor, that can be extended for using biblatex.

Greetings
Thomas