I'm trying to get gnucash2.2.9-1 via fink unstable working, on OS X
10.4. It was working fine, but I updated packages recently, and it's
experiencing trouble. Gnucash will start, but it doesn't recognize any
previous configuration. It runs terribly slowly, and I get error
messages dumped to the terminal window that look like:

Failed to load key /apps/gnucash/general/show_splash_screen: Failed to
contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need
to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due
to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session:
launchd's env var DBUS_FINK_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET does not exist)Failed
to load key /apps/gnucash/general/account_separator: Failed to contact
configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable
TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a
system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session:
launchd's env var DBUS_FINK_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET does not exist)Failed
to load key /apps/gnucash/general/auto_decimal_point: Failed to
contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need
to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due
to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session:
launchd's env var DBUS_FINK_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET does not exist)

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I've tried a completely brand new
vanilla fink install, but that didn't seem to solve the problem
either.

For full disclosure, here's more info: I was originally also receiving
error messages that looked like:

 "Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide
a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is
loaded!"

but with a suggestion from the package maintainer (thank you!), that
error was repaired by:

fink reinstall dbus
<reboot>
fink rebuild gconf2
fink reinstall gconf2
fink reinstall gnucash2

... but I'm still left with the "Failed to load key" errors.

If anyone knows how to repair this, I'd be appreciative. Thanks!

--
Dave Musicant