On Jun 9, 2009, at 4:54 PM, Brendan Cully wrote:

> Thanks. I've had this reported a few times but haven't been able to
> reproduce it myself. I suspect there's some conflict with other
> packages you might have installed (eg gnu versions of standard
> utilities), but haven't identified it.

This is a real bottleneck on my system, as octave and wine both seem
to want ocaml. I am not at all familiar with ocaml, however
both odoc_ast.ml and odoc.ml contain print_DEBUG/print_DEBUG3
statements containing accented french characters. Remove the accents,
and compilation will proceed forthwith.

You mentioned that a fink package might be interfering with the build.
Might it be one of these?

Macintosh:~ jeremy$ fink list -i | grep Intern
  i     gettext-bin     0.14.5-2        GNU Internationalization utilities
  i     gettext-tools   0.14.5-4        GNU Internationalization utils (shared
libs)
  i     intltool40      0.40.6-101      Internationalize various kinds of data
files
  i     libgettext3-dev 0.14.5-2        GNU Internationalization utilities
(Development Files)
  i     libgettext3-shlibs      0.14.5-2        GNU Internationalization utils
(shared libs)
  i     libgettextpo2-shlibs    0.14.5-4        GNU Internationalization utils
(shared libs)

Jeremy