On Jun 26, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> Alexander Hansen wrote:
>> Gerfried Kumbartzki wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> On a brand new iMac OS X 10.5.7
>>> after installing fink the next task was to install tetex. It failed
>>> after a lot of texts output  with
>>> some thing like
>>>
>>> /sw/bin/dpkg: error processing tetex-base (--install):
>>>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>>  tetex-base
>>> ### execution of /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait failed, exit code 1
>>> Failed: can't install package tetex-base-3.0-1005
>>>

>>> I tried  tetex and tetex-base but ended with an incomplete
>>> installation.
>>> fink cannot install gimp for that reason.
>>>
>>> Since I had done this kind of installation on 3 more Mac systems
>>> before  (over the last two years) without
>>> any glitch, I'm at a loss and appreciate any help.
>>> If I missed the answer in the archive, I tried.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Gerfried
>>>

>> You've cut off  useful information.  Absolutely any failure that
>> occurs
>> in the install phase will give the same error as what you're showing.
>>
>> You'll need to post from earlier in the output.  You should be able
>> just
>> to try
>>
>>    fink install tetex-base
>>
>> and post the entire result.
>>

> Also:  that's not the current/stable version.
>
> $ fink --trees=stable list tetex-base
> Scanning package description files..........
> Information about 4362 packages read in 0 seconds.
>     tetex-base       3.0-1006     Base programs for a teTeX
> installation
>
> Run a "fink selfupdate-cvs" and that will get you the current package
> description, which was updated to overcome an issue that occurred at
> install time, just as in what you're seeing.
>
> --
> Alexander Hansen
> Fink User Liaison

Hi Alexander,

while I was busy assembling the long message file (turned out to be
too long), I followed your advise
and did the fink selfupdate-cvs.

That worked. But after trying once more here is the result:

tulip:~ fink update tetex-base
Password:
Information about 4395 packages read in 0 seconds.
Can't resolve dependency "fink (>= 0.28.0)" for package
"gettext-tools-0.14.5-4" (no matching packages/versions found)
Exiting with failure.

tulip:~ fink install gettext-tools
Information about 4395 packages read in 0 seconds.
Can't resolve dependency "fink (>= 0.28.0)" for package
"gettext-tools-0.14.5-4" (no matching packages/versions found)
Exiting with failure.

fink list gives gettext-tools-0.14.5-4

tulip:~ fink --version
Package manager version: 0.27.16
Distribution version: 0.9.0.cvs i386

Copyright (c) 2001 Christoph Pfisterer
Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The Fink Package Manager Team

Gerfried