On Jun 30, 2009, at 9:53 AM, Jean-François Mertens wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2009, at 14:41, Jean-François Mertens wrote:
>
>> Only way out I can see is to resurrect the
>> old gnutls26, and change the current pkg to gnutls28
>
> Or add the old -config script, possibly with minor
> editing, to the new pkg ?
>
> JF

gnutls used to have:  libgnutls-config, libgnutls-extra-config, and
associated .m4 files. They were ripped out early in the gnutls 2.7
series, so I'm not too keen on trying to put them back in.

Thanks to dmacks for directions. For libnet6, a solution that builds
successfully for me using "fink -mv --build-as-nobody rebuild libnet6"
is to convince configure to look in the right place by adding to the
libnet6.info:

PatchScript: perl -pi -e 's/libgnutls_config_args --version/
libgnutls_config_args --modversion/g' configure

and adding
LIBGNUTLS_CONFIG="%p/bin/pkg-config gnutls"
to ConfigureParams:

I also updated versioned dependencies for gnutls26 and gnutls26-shlibs
to >= 2.8.0-1 and for libtasn1-3 and libtasn1-3-shlibs to >= 2.2-2
(maybe not necessary, but they are the ones I tested against).

It's probably not quite a drop-in fix for affected packages, but it
shouldn't be too far off.

Dave
--
David Reiser