On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:50:32 -0800, Sean Lake <odysseus9...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2013, at 2:59, Peter Dyballa wrote:
  > > Am 18.01.2013 um 06:27 schrieb Sean Lake:
  > >
  > >> I have to abort the build of dbus at this line:
  > >>
  > >> checking if gcj PIC flag -fno-common works...
  > >>
  > >> because it just pegs the CPU and fills the RAM for many hours
without advancing.

  > > The problem with gcj on PowerPC is well-known! I think it started
with GCC 4.5, continued in GCC 4.6 and might still be unsolved in GCC
4.7. But the package you are trying to build should not be touched by
this problem since you should be building the package with
/usr/bin/gcc-4.2, /usr/bin/g++-4.2, and /usr/bin/cpp-4.2, and GCC 4.2
does not provide gcj. Nonetheless the configure script seems to find a
gcj: /sw/bin/gcj, a sym-link to whatever GCC 4.[5-8] compiler you have
installed with Fink…

  > > First perform:
  > >
  > > dpkg -S /sw/bin/gcj
  > >
  > > This might return something like
  > >
  > > gcc47: /sw/bin/gcj
  > >
  > > Now remove ('fink remove <package name>') the package given as
the first argument, or manually just rename /sw/bin/gcj to something
like /sw/bin/dammed-gcj ('sudo mv /sw/bin/gcj /sw/bin/dammed-gcj') –
and don't forget to rename it back after success with dbus ('sudo mv
/sw/bin/dammed-gcj /sw/bin/gcj')!

  > Yep, dpkg -S /sw/bin/gcj returns:
  > gcc47: /sw/bin/gcj
  >
  > Sounds to me like the package ( dbus-shlibs etc) is missing some
build-conflicts entries in it's .info file, no?

  I'm fairly sure "dbus-shlibs" is completely unused in all supported
fink distros. 'fink remove dbus-shlibs'.

  dan

  --
Daniel Macks
  dma...@netspace.org