On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:08:44 -0400, "Mark D. McKean"
<qpa...@quantumpanda.com> wrote:
On 4/2/14, 12:00 pm, Stefan Bruda wrote:
> > System info:
> > > Mac OS: 10.8.5
> > Package manager version: 0.36.3.1
> > Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Wed Apr  2 09:07:17 2014,
> 10.8, x86_64
> > Trees: local/main stable/main
> > Xcode.app: 5.1
> > Xcode command-line tools: 5.1.0.0.1.1393561416
> > webkit-1.0.2-1.2.7-5 is set to build with only one job.
>
> Okay, this makes, by my count, at least three of us who have posted
> about webkit-1.0.2-1.2.7-5 build failures, two on the March 10 Xcode
> tools and one on the previous tools, in just over two weeks (my own post
> on March 16, another on March 20, and now this one), and none of these
> posts have received any on-list responses from the package maintainer or
> anyone who might be able to offer any advice. Are messages containing
> "webkit" getting filtered out or something?
>
> I'm not trying to be accusatory--I just want to get this webkit update
> to build. I understand that the clang issue has grabbed most of the
> attention lately, but could someone please at least acknowledge that the
> webkit build failure is not just in our heads?

I replied to Gary, but it looks like it didn't make it to the list. I
have no idea and no ability to test with new xcode (it definitely
worked with older xcode on 10.8 because that's how I have it currently
installed, so it must have been buildable). "With new xcode" is a
well-known problem for apparently zillions of packages, so that's
obviously the first recommendation that has been made repeatedly for
many packages all over the lists. But "one on the previous tools" is
new information. Anyone with ideas is welcome to contribute, anyone who
wants to fix it is welcome to assist. Anyone interested in taking over
maintainership is welcome to do so as well.

dan

  --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org