Hello,

At 08:24 -0700 on 2015-4-26 Alexander Hansen wrote:

 > > On Apr 26, 2015, at 07:57, Stefan Bruda <ste...@bruda.ca> wrote:
 > >
 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > I am looking for an X11 Web browser on my Mac OS box, so I was
 > > wondering if Fink has any option on the matter.
 > >
 > > First of all, I believe that it is still impossible to build any
 > > recent version of Firefox with X11 support on Mac OS, is this correct?
 > >
 > > If the above is true, then the next thing to come to mind would be
 > > KDE's Konqueror (or rekonq).  Are these available through Fink, and if
 > > so in what KDE package?
 > >
 > > Is anybody aware of any other X11 browser that may be available?
 > >
 > > Any information is appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.
 >
 > You're right, firefox isn't available because its build procedure
 > stopped handling X11 on OS X - at least not without extreme
 > difficultly.

Thank you.  Is there any description for the build difficulties
available anywhere?  I would like to try my hand at it (though given
my nonexistent familiarity with the Firefox code base I don't expect
much).

 > Konqueror isn't available in an X11 format on any recent OS X—
 > 10.7-10.10 only have Aqua-based KDE.

Understood.

 > As best as I can tell, the only X11-based browsers we have right
 > now are "arora" and "dillo".

Thank you.  Dillo does not build, but arrora seems to work.  I will
test it out.

Best regards,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>