> On Feb 25, 2017, at 04:25, Sylvain Barbot <sylbar.vain...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to install hdf5 and netcdf4 with the --enable-parallel option?
>
> I originally installed these libraries on fink before I installed
> openmpi or any other MPI implementation. If the --enable-parallel
> option is available for hdf5 and netcdf on fink, how do I go back and
> recompile with this option selected?
>
> Thanks,
> Sylvain

You’d need to modify the package descriptions.  You can find the description
file for a particular package using “fink dumpinfo -finfofile <package name>”.
Patch files, if any, will be in the same directory.

I’d recommend copying the existing .info and .patch files to
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo so that they don’t get overwritten, and also
raising the Revision by .1

The configuration options are generally applied using the ConfigureParams
line—or possibly in the CompileScript directly.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison