On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 5:06 AM, Benny Malengier
<benny.maleng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know the result of the stokesCavity.py test of some other
> people. Do they also fail?

Not for me at least.

> When I run the flow/stokesCavity.py, the test fails. Adding at the bottom of
> that file:
>
> Test values in the last cell.
>
> I obtain the result :
> False
> False
> False

It's failing for you. I'd don't think the test is very good though. I
might try and improve the test method when I include your version of
the example.

> Are the RHS the values from Dolphyn? Is this test supposed to fail?

I don't believe the test is supposed to fail, but I used Dolfyn
originally to compare the results and provide the comparison numbers.
A lot has changed since then though.

> Without knowing what this test does, there is little conclusion I can draw.
> I'll post the Rhie-Chow correction when I tested some more with it. It
> defenitely removes the pressure oscillation in my work, so it seems ok.

Good. As I said I need to think of a better way to compare the solution.

> I also wonder about the part of the solver after:
>    ## update the pressure using the corrected value but hold one cell fixed
> then code follows to keep cell[0] at pressure 0. Is this really needed?

That might depend on which solver is used. It is probable that an
iterative solver might wander, while a direct solver does not have
that issue (or visa-versa).

> Not
> doing it results in
> sweep: 299 , x residual: 0.0196690174713 , y residual 0.0177051252932 , p
> residual: 1.70403715572e-07 , continuity: 3.94729816867e-06
> 151.910461226 145.233883763
> 0.202533960386 0.24964673696
> -0.21920158527 -0.164498041783
> which is hardly different from the original. I would prefer Imposing a
> pressure value via a boundary condition on the pressure correction equation,
> this seems to work great if one sets eg a boundary at a specific pressure to
> a fixed value.

Okay, if it works that is much cleaner.

--
Daniel Wheeler