Hello,

a very common term in the Navier-Stokes equations for a gas is of the form:

density (times) (\partial f[x]/\partial t),

where f[x] is a hydrodynamic field (for instance, temperature). however, it
appears in the Fipy manual that the transient terms that express time
derivatives have no multiplying coefficients. I’d like to solve the transient
Navier Stokes equations for a gas without having to divide the whole balance
equations by density, which is of course also an unknown.

How can I express then a term of the form above in Fipy?

Thank you very much,

Dr. Francisco Vega Reyes

Departamento de Física,
Universidad de Extremadura,