On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Krishna <krishnaku...@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Since python to be a very distributed ecosystem, this question for some kind
> of a starter code,  may not fit well in  a general/computational math
> stackexchange post , nor in this mailing list. fipy's details are certainly
> required to implement an Aitken type dynamic under relaxation. , I.e. one
> needs access to the internal and residual matrices, in order to apply text
> book formulae, and then split the relaxation vectors into individual scalars
> for use in the 'underrelaxation' parameter for each sweep method. The first
> two sweeps must be static/initial 'underrelaxation' so that we can apply the
> formula.

I see. Here is an example of doing Newton iterations in FiPy

    https://gist.github.com/guyer/f29c759fd7f0f01363b8483c7bc644cb

It uses the ResidualTerm. If you look at that code, it uses the
justResidualVector, which gives the residual vector. You can also get
access to the matrix and b vector separately. For the under
relaxation, I don't think it's possible to apply it as a vector that's
different for each equation. There is probably some way to do it akin
to what's happening in the ResidualTerm.

--
Daniel Wheeler