A side note, here it may actually be more convenient to think about the D
in terms of the volumes, so you could also define it as a cell variable
with values specified as D1 when x<=1 and D2 when x>1, then use the
harmonicFaceValue attribute when you put it into the governing equation to
have FiPy do this calculation for you and avoid awkward use of the mesh
spacing in the specification of the variable values.