Your convergence is great, looks like what one should expect (it looks 2nd
order to me).  What do you think is wrong with it?

If you want something better/faster, it will probably have to be
problem-specific solver/algorithm, in which case you have to search for
solver/algorithm for your specific problem.

Tomasz