Hello,

Sorry in advance if my question is very basic. I am using fipy to solve a
Cahn-Hilliard equation problem, and it worked perfectly fine on a 1D domain of
size nx*dx where nx=500 and dx=0.5.
I wanted to run on a larger domain, but in order to reduce the computation
time, I increase the spatial resolution; now the size of my domain is  nx*dx
where nx=2500 and dx=2. This lead to a diverging solution for all my runs.

I was wondering whether there was optimal ratios of nx and dx, or length and
dx, which had to be implemented so that the code does not diverge even on a
greater scale? Or if not, if anyone had an idea of what could be going on,
given that I only did this change between the two versions of the code.

Thank you in advance for you help!

Clara