Not a lawyer, but I think that the regulation around logo use has more to
do with claiming a branded product as your own than claiming you use a
branded product.

e.g:  the sneakers I made are Nike sneakers, as opposed to I used "Nike"
sneakers.

If anyone has any experience in this, I'd appreciate any commentary.

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Daniel Wheeler <daniel.wheel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for mentioning FiPy! As far as I am concerned, you are welcome
> to use the logo and I would very much like to read your article.
>
> I am not a lawyer, but I doubt if there are any regulations regarding
> the logo. The software is developed by the National Institute of
> Standards and Technology (NIST) and, thus, has a NIST license. The
> license is extremely permissive and the logo is in the repository with
> the license and the logo is also code. See,
>
>     https://github.com/usnistgov/fipy/blob/develop/LICENSE.rst
>
> and
>
>     https://github.com/usnistgov/fipy/blob/develop/
> documentation/logo/logo.tex
>
> Cheers,
>
> Daniel
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 7:32 AM, Martin Diehl <m.di...@mpie.de> wrote:
> > Dear FiPy developers,
> >
> > I've written a short overview article on continuum scale modeling in
> which I
> > mention FiPy (including the preferred reference and link to the
> homepage).
> > For an attractive paper, I want to include the FiPy-Logo. Are there any
> > specific regulations regarding the use of the logo? I would of course
> share
> > the article before publication in case you're interested in the content.
>
> --
> Daniel Wheeler

-Terry J. Price