Hi Zhekai,

I don't think there are any examples of using FiPy with a moving mesh.
It would definitely not be easy to set up and implement with FiPy. It
would also be extremely slow in FiPy due to the upfront cost of
creating meshes.

FiPy has been used with both phase field and level set examples (fixed
mesh, Eulerian approach). FiPy has also been used for examples with
the equations recast into a moving frame of reference, but this only
works for simple geometry changes.

Cheers,

Daniel

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 5:30 PM, Zhekai Deng
<zhekaideng2...@u.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wonder is there any way to implement moving boundary (with given known
> mesh moving velocity) in FiPy? I couldn't find any example related to this
> online and wonder if anyone might have tried it before. I basically would
> like to solve an advection-diffusion equation in a moving mesh.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Zhekai

Daniel Wheeler