Hello,

Does anybody know how easy it is to get fipy installed such that it makes
use of both CPUs in a dual CPU workstation?  The OS would be Ubuntu or
OpenSUSE.

Will fipy use both CPUs out of the box?  Or would I need some
sophistication to get it to work?  I know nothing about Trilinos etc.

I don't currently have the workstation.  I was somewhat interested in
buying something like the used workstation on the ithaca ny craigslist
(specs given below) since it seems like it might be able to do fipy phase
field calculations for larger problems because of what seems like
relatively numerous cores and threads, but I would not want to buy a such a
device, if there was a chance I would be unable to configure fipy to make
full use of it.

I have already observed that with my single CPU system (i5-3550p), fipy
seems to max out its four cores in ubuntu and opensuse without any
additional setup.

Specs for the Ithaca Craigslist example workstation:
Dual Xeon E5-2680 2.7 GHz / 3.5 GHz Turbo (8 cores, 16 with HT each or 16
cores, 32 with HT total)
64GB (8 x 8GB) PC3 Registered ECC Memory

This is something I have been curious about for a long time...

Thanks.