Hi Christoph,

Have you tried setting the backend at the start of your FiPy script like this?:

importmatplotlib

matplotlib.use('AGG') This won't make the changes system wide, only for the script. I think this will work since FiPy doesn't appear to deviate from the default rcparams setting for the backend. (https://github.com/usnistgov/fipy/tree/develop/fipy/viewers/matplotlibViewer)

Best,

-Mike