Interesting hypo!  Let's look at it from the 4th Amend. perspective. Some
would argue that Tenn. v. Garner would apply, but I would argue that Tenn.
v. Garner is a fleeing suspect case and that if the suspect is not fleeing
anything else in Garner is dictum.   If Garner doesn't apply then we have to
fall back to the balancing and objective reasonableness approach of Graham
v. Connor.  Using this approach we have to ask what would a reasonably well
trained officer have thought/done when faced with the same circumstances.
Because the test is objective, the fact that the officer still considers the
suspect dangerous (stipulation # 3) is irrelevant.  There has to be
something in the scenario that would cause an objectively reasonable officer
to believe the suspect was still dangerous and deadly force is necessary.
Given that the officer successfully took the weapon from the suspect, in the
absence of additional facts, the use of deadly force would not appear to be
objectively reasonable.

The basic problem is that the threat of deadly force does not appear to be
imminent. I would argue that in self-defense cases (as opposed to fleeing
felon cases)  the Fourth Amendment requires that the threat be imminent.  In
general, the law of civilian self-defense also requires that the force be
imminent.

The fact that the suspect was immediately dangerous a few moments ago but
then now no longer has the gun (and the officer successfully took it) does
not substitute for (or constitute)  a reasonable perception of an imminent
threat.  The fact that the suspect does not retreat arguably would suggest
to a reasonable officer that the suspect is submitting.  In the absence of
additional facts, it would be hard to argue that submitting would create a
reasonable perception of an imminent threat.

Obviously, more facts could change the result, (e.g., suspect continues to
approach the officer after  being ordered to stop, suspect refuses to put
hands up and reaches in jacket, suspect is close enough to possibly
overpower officer without gun and get gun in officer's possession) but I
agree that shooting the suspect with the suspect or the officer's weapon
would not be justified at this point.

I would be interested in seeing how some of the rest of you would analyze
this situation.

  _____