Redirects and FAQs can be refreshed , Memory can be refreshed
Documentation can be updated , we can't live in the ib 1.0 - 4.0 era forever
symlinks can be created at install times for oldtimers

Times changed from the Vax years and people request up to date
documentation and majority use a gui usually
flamerobin , ibexpert ... even the core devels