2013/4/5 Ann Harrison <a...@qbeast.net>:
> I think that's the intention of the standard, but like Dmitry, I have been
> unable to find a clear statement to that effect.  If it matters to anybody,
> I've got a couple of friends who are serious standards addicts and I could
> ask for a reference there.  The Red Database approach seems a bit dicey -
> having a program return different results depending on who runs it...
> especially if the program expects a specific shape for a table.

select * from T; is a bit dicey in any case. Now it returns one set of
fields but later will return another one. The result just depends not
on who run it but on when run it.
>From security reason user must even know about field existence.
Any case I cannot imagine a situation  when we will expant "*" into
full list of fields, then check permission and find one unacessible
field and return fail. It means that "select *" is valid operation
only for user who has select permission for every field of table.

--
Roman Simakov