10.04.2013 17:07, Stefan Heymann wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is a good idea to have those per-database
> configurations in one central place. So when you move a database to
> another server you have to copy-and-paste those things to the other
> server.
>
> What about having a pair of files:
>     mydb.fdb
>     mydb.conf
> Where mydb.conf contains the per-database configuration? In this case,
> all you need to do is copy or move both files together.

It's up to you to decide. You may move local settings to mydb.conf and
then #include it into databases.conf. But databases.conf is still
necessary to make the server aware of pre-configured databases.

> What about backups? Will GBAK backup and restore these settings so
> they don't get lost?

No, these things are unrelated. They won't be lost if you backup/restore
on the same host but you have to copy them manually if you migrate to a
different host.