W dniu 2016-08-18 09:26:22 użytkownik Vlad Khorsun <hv...@optima.com.ua>
napisał:
> 18.08.2016 10:08, liviuslivius пишет:
> > Hi Vlad,

> >>     If user fetch one record per hour - yes, such application should be
> >> better rewritten
> >
> > Is this query in different state that can be distinguished from "running"
> > queries? I see that yes.
> > And should be possibility to exclude it from this feature or make 2
> > different settings for that.
>
>    Could you show good reasons to do it ? Real use case also welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Vlad

Query timeout is good for queries that consume CPU resources and not finished
in limited time.
But queries that feth e.g. 100 records for user and wait to fetch rest do not
consume much resources
and user can fetch (rest or next portion) e.g. after 10 minutes.
And that queries are not problem for DBA. Yes, such queries consume some
resources but not extensivly.
But feature like timeout is for queries that can utilize all server resources.

regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski