On 19.07.2017 14:07, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 19/07/2017 02:29, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
19.07.2017 01:32, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
    Algorithm name could define result length.
Yes, for constants.
We need to decide whether the algorithm name can be passed dynamically
(and thus be presented as "value" in the grammar) or must be
predefined (via a string literal or maybe token). The latter gives us
more flexibility regarding the result type.
This is an interesting idea.

We can use special syntax (like some others system functions):

HASH( <value> [WITH <algorithm>] )

<algorithm> will be an identifier (not keyword) interpreted at compile time.

If we are not going to use hash plugins I'd vote for this syntax.