On 11/23/18 7:50 PM, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
23.11.2018 17:53, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

Does anyone see any problem in extending (in time zones branch)
hdr_creation_date to include the time zone?

Already existing (created in Alpha) ODS13 databases will be inaccessible (or FB will crash while accessing them).

BTW - interesting test, normally is should not crash.

Probably not an absolute evil, but something worth avoiding if possible.

We need to an explicit decision about that -- whether it's acceptable before Beta.

Telling true initally I've accepted an argument about inaccessible alpha databases as a joke. Who ever needs them? One who stores important data in database created by alpha quality software? But if others do think that accessing such databases is possible may be we should better set current minor to 1 and also set ODS_RELEASED =  1 ? This should help efficiently avoid opening alpha-created databases by stable release.

I also have a couple of header page changes in my replication branch, so far I used clumplets to avoid an ODS mismatch in Beta. If we agree to allow the header page layout change, then I'll consider that too.

If they better fit into normal fields than to clumplets, it's good time to make that change.