On 2/8/19 2:24 PM, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
08.02.2019 12:21, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
  The error you are getting is different, so I would guess that search loop is aborted faster in this case.

Is it good idea to provide full error message? (like I did - not to make other guess)

  Not in this case, but here it is:

creating msg.fdb
SQL> can't format message 17:0 -- message file C:\Users\SD\MYDOCU~1\firebird\temp\x64\release\firebird\firebird.msg not found
Could not find acceptable ICU library
SQL> loading msg.sql
can't format message 17:0 -- message file C:\Users\SD\MYDOCU~1\firebird\temp\x64\release\firebird\firebird.msg not found
Could not find acceptable ICU library
can't format message 17:120 -- message file C:\Users\SD\MYDOCU~1\firebird\temp\x64\release\firebird\firebird.msg not found

Well - as for me I can with some efforts read that . As a minimum it's clear that it differs from what I get.
When fully reproduced your case must say that result does not differ much:

# time (echo 'exit;' | ./isql employee)
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = XX000
Could not find acceptable ICU library
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database

real    0m0.199s
user    0m0.048s
sys     0m0.086s