On 25-2-2019 16:49, Lester Caine wrote:
On 25/02/2019 15:12, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
page 125 in relnotes 3.0.3 (and I believe not far from it in other versions):

Bear in mind in my case I was provided with 3.0.2 via SUSE and even finding the release notes was an exercise. I'm fairly sure that this said specifically DO NOT do something if you are only going to use legacy connections ... yep ... The same red box appears on the 3.0.4 version! 3.0.4 copy I am looking at now only refers to adding the default SYSDBA user and in my case this did exist but the 'Legacy Authentication' section I THINK has a change?

Yes, and I think that instruction is not entirely correct. It seems to be predicated on the assumption that the configuration applied by the Windows installer to the `firebird.conf` (or the manual instructions in Legacy Authentication) is also applied to the client, which is not the case (at least, not on Windows). So the client will try Srp first, which then results in an error because Srp was not initialised.

UserManager = Legacy_UserManager I think had the ", Srp" in the earlier version and it's that which I was adding back first ... leaving it out THEN
AuthServer = Legacy_Auth, Srp is not causing a problem!

Specifying UserManager = Legacy_UserManager will allow you to manage (create/drop/alter) legacy authentication users only. Using UserManager = Legacy_UserManager, Srp will allow you to manage both, while legacy is the default.

It should not affect authentication behavior as far as I'm aware, though.

Mark Rotteveel