On 18.09.2019 4:13, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

In API, but I'm not completely satisfied with solutions as they were
done related to above problems.

Preferable settings should be done on statement basis,

We have a problem with that approach. Cursor may be opened not only using prepared statement but also directly from attachment. How can we control data returned by such cursors?

or external
engines must be somewhat treated as another attachment from this POV.

I think that from end-users POV that will be the best solution. But is it hard to distinguish at attachment level were we invoked from external engine or by regular client?