Hi,

For our own purposes I've created a C#/Win desktop app to export Excel
files into a UTF8 encoded text file that can be referenced as an
external table with UTF8 text columns. It also generates SQL to create
that external table.

Would this tool be of interest for anyone? I could open source it and
license it under MIT or something like that.

We use it to import Excel data into Firebird more efficiently than with
data pumps.

It does need some polishing up. It tries to export all values as their
text representations, but I think at least date and time values may come
out in somewhat unexpected ways. It's also in Swedish at the moment, so
that would need some work.

Regards,
Kjell Rilbe